Based South Surrey, BC, LISTENING BOWL connects regionally and internationally with people and ideas that respect the living earth and each other through experiential art and place making. Throughout 2018 co-creators Virginia Gillespie, Celina Strachan and Heidi McCurdy will host rambles in nature, art making and workshops as we map and document our experience in a variety of ways. Send us a message on the LB contact page requesting to be on our email list for updates. Follow us on Facebook : LISTENING BOWL
UPCOMING EVENTS (contact us for details)
- Sunday September 23, 2018 AUTUMN GLOW : a Crescent Beach Lantern Ramble. 6:30 pm meet the Pop up Gallery and procession will go to Alexandra Hall to celebrate. 6:00 percussion jam.
- September 21-23 – Autumn Glow Lantern Display, art making and music at the Crescent Beach Pop Up Art Gallery, downstairs Beecher Place. Friday and Saturday 2-8:00. Sunday 4-6:30. Bag Lantern making with Corrie Mosier Sept 21, 22 – 2:00-4:00 – Music Heidi McCurdy and Fanny Starchild Friday 6:00, Word Play Virginia Gillespie Saturday Saturday evening. Contact Virginia email@example.com
- Sunday August 26, 2018 – Yewstone Gardens Ramble with the Elements – host Virginia Gillespie
- Sunday, September 9, 2018 Box Lantern Making Workshop with Yoko Tomika to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/box-lantern-workshop-with-yoko-tomita-tickets-49442254113
- Sunday, May 5, 2018 Journeys with the Rooted One’ Seasonal Native Plant Workshop with Teresa Klein at Crescent Park. Host Virginia Gillespie
- Sunday April 29, 2018 2:00 – 4:00 pm :Choral Labyrinth Walk – explore the magic of nature through deep listening, playful sound & spontaneous song Eagle Nest Labyrinth, Kwomais Point Park. 1368 128th Street, Surrey, BC
RSVP Listening Bowl Host: Heidi McCurdy
- Sunday March 18, 2018 1:00- 4:00 : Babble Ramble with Poet, Musician Enrico Renz who will use a melodic mixture of random sounds to evoke imagery to the listener. Meet at Semiahmoo Fish & Game Club Hatchery, 1284-184th St Surrey, BC. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather.
RSVP Host: Celina StrachanLocation:
- Sunday February 11, 2018 1:00-3:00 : Ramble to the Circle of Stones, Crescent Beach, BC. Silent walk to the site, acknowledgement of the land, vocal musings with Heidi McCurdy. Tea and exchange of impressions at Alexandra Hall following. Host : Virginia Gillespie
- Feb 1, 2018 Imbolc Early Spring Feast at Bardsroost. Group soup making, poetry, songs in the stairwell, stories by the hearth. Host Virginia Gillespie
- January 18, 2018 Staff Making Workshop with Teresa Klein – a great companion for our rambles. Host Virginia Gillespie
- January Goggs – Celina Strachan